Monday 4 May 2009

Why I Love Having Sons...

This evening, during a break in Monkey Life... (on tv, that is - not in the Potty household. Although, given the state of our sitting room at 7.15pm this evening, you are forgiven for getting the two confused).

Davina McCall is on tv advertising some hair colourant. She says something facile like "This colour looks great on me! It's soooooo rich!"

Boy #2 breaks off from Thomas the Tank Engine's latest railway disaster and glances up at the television. "Look! Look, Mama! Your hair is sooooo rich too!"

Yep. Me and Davina. Peas in a pod.

10 comments:

  1. See, we do pay attention (well at that age anyway).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! You're boys are awesome! I hope they are always that sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy #2 has got the brains in the family. Watch him, pretty soon he'll have everything and everybody figured out. He is a smart cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SPD, it's just a shame it doesn't last! (Although of course I'm sure you're exempt from my sweeping statement.)

    Lisa, if only!

    Irene, you know, I think you may be right. Although his older brother is no slouch in this department either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's a keeper. If he can keep that up for the next 30 years he'll be the most popular man in the room at all times.
    Nice mummying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tara, I like to think of it as my gift to girls in the future...(Not that they'll appreciate it. No doubt I'll be seen with as much suspicion as I viewed my mother-in-law initially...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Award for you! http://www.amodernmother.com/2009/05/awards-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, yes, boys all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankyou Modern!

    And Milla, yes, I say that now. But what about when the dreaded adolescence and the hour long showers start? What then???

    ReplyDelete
  10. But think of the traumas mothers of girls are going to have in adolescence. No - boys all the way. Even though they insist on having peeing competitions in the bath.

    He'll go far that boy of yours.

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...