Sunday 24 May 2009

British Parent Blogger of the Week

It's Sunday, a beautiful day, probably the best weather we've had in the UK this year. Where else would I be but inside, blogging?

Why is this? Well, once upon a time there was a teeny tiny blogging network for mummies. Originally set up by a farsighted blogger who realised that social networking (did you know that that was what you're doing when you log onto the British Mummy Bloggers Ning? Me neither...) was a fantastic way to interact with like minds, it started small. Slowly it grew, and started to attract more and more members, until the bright spark who had volunteered to go through them and showcase a different blogger every week wondered how she had got herself into this mess...

But I digress, as ever.

As the ning grew, it began to change. It became less of a network for mummy bloggers, and more of a network for parent bloggers. And whilst I don't see any namechange in the offing for the ning - if it works, why fix it? - I'm going to take the liberty (I hope this is OK, Susanna?) of at least temporarily renaming this feature British Parent Blogger of the Week*.

*As hosted by BMB reg'd trademark no names no pack drill you ain't seen me right? etc etc...

Anyway, enough waffle. Here it is, my suggested British Parent Blogger of the Week: Single Parent Dad. Check it out, and you'll see why.


To take a look at the British Mummy Bloggers Ning, click here. (Note: It's called 'Mummy', but we're not fussy. As you see, Dads can be members too)

3 comments:

  1. Excellent choice! SingleParentDad is a fantastic writer, one of my new favourites. We need more dad bloggers! C'mon guys...

    Noble Savage

    ReplyDelete
  2. SPD is absolutely one of my favourites!

    (I'll ignore your comments, BTW)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choice! There's an award for you over at mine x

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...