Sunday 11 October 2009

British Mummy Blogger of the Week

Unclean! Unclean! Run! Head for the hills!!! It seems that swine flu has struck the Potty household - and in the worst possible way.

Husband has it.

As a result I can't really stop to chat, you understand. I'm far too busy ministering to my failing-fast beloved and writing ascerbic pieces for publication elsewhere about 'the differences between the ways men and women handle illness and how I really need to get a sense of perspective on all this and just be sympathetic because it's not his fault he feels so awful' - and breaaaaathe...

Buckle-up; it's going to be a bumpy ride...

So I'm going to jump straight in with the Mummy Blogger of the Week. She writes of herself:

'Mother of two, teacher on a break until done procreating. Moved about the UK for a good few years, now back living in Belgium with Scottish man and two kids.The children speak Dutch to me and English to their father. Sometimes we get lost in translation.'

Right now at Lost in Translation she's involving her readers in an interesting debate on the merits of CAPTCHA (yes Mwa, I voted), and I particularly liked her post regarding her Dirty Little Secret about Bono. Despite being a big U2 fan, I have to say that I sort of agree with her...

To check out the British Mummy Bloggers Ning, click here. (Note: It's called 'Mummy', but Dads can be members too).

12 comments:

  1. Oh good choice. Love her - she is well worth the Brit Mummy Blogger of the week acolade.

    Still don't know what captcha is though. Such a technophile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, thank you so much! I am very very very pleased. I'm so happy you would consider me, despite only being "British by association".

    Thank you again. I'm a happy woman now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and sorry for being a bit self-involved (I was so excited) -

    I hope you get rid of the man/swine flu from your house soon. I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brit - word verification. That's all (at least as far as I know - but then I too am a technophobe)

    Mwa, a pleasure (giving you the mention, that is, not the swine flu, obviously!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always knew rehre was a reason why we often call men "Swine" - seriously hope he gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, hope he gets better soon. And great choice this week. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agh no - my brother is recovering from it. He's a stoic sort and he told me it was the worst thing he's ever had. He is now down to a size 30 jeans, which is dead skinny for his height. (I briefly thought I'd like some o that flu myself, but no.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a well known fact that Man Flu is far deadlier that any type of flu us females, regardless of our individual mothering status, can contract. I absolve my husband from this though as he carried on insisting he would be fine 'tomorrow' right up until the morning I called an ambulance to take him to hospital where he was diagnosed with pneumonia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor him.. poor poor you..

    Courage mon brave..

    Sick men = nightmare.

    BM x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You, a technophobe? I don't think so! Anyway good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Tattie. Me too!

    And thanks Jo - glad you like it!

    EPM, you poor brother. He has my heart-felt sympathy. Unlike my husband who is suspiciously chipper today.

    Sharon, well they do say that the exception proves the rule. My other half is not, unfortunately, one of those.

    BM, merci Rodney. Mercy...

    Paradise, do you see me Twitter? I am, I'm afraid to say, a bit of a technophobe...)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope the swine flu isn't running rampant around the Potty Household - it does seem to be everywhere at the moment...

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...