This is a Bad Sign. The school holidays haven't even started yet, for goodness' sake, and already I'm feeling like a wet weekend in Formby. My darling Boys have been on the receiving of one too many short-fuses; things that would normally just wash over me - or which at least I could nine times out of ten shrug off with my usual mantra of 'they're 5/3, it's their job to be this way' - have been resulting in shouty responses and flouncing about in a prima-donna styley from me.
I'm old enough to know better and need to stop. Unfortunately the things that have resulted in my current state of mind aren't going away;
- The unfortunate propensity of a five year old to whine when things don't go his way.
- The 3-year old hard-wired response of a tantrum when things don't go his.
- The unrelenting travel schedule of Husband meaning I have 'the con' far more often than is healthy for me.
- The increasing likelihood of a move of country and the consequent chaos that will ensue.
- The knowledge that if we do go there is every possibility that last August's fun and games with Boy #1's starting school will repeat itself all over again, and that there is nothing I can do, other than maintain a positive demeanour, to shield him (or myself) from it.
- The looming summer holidays (the horror, the horror!).
And the heat isn't helping this wilting English rose either. (I know. That's how bad it's got; I'm actually complaining about good weather.)
On the plus side, chocolate and 30 degC + don't go well together, so at least I've lost a bit of weight...