Monday 28 September 2009

It's Monday...

... and I'm having one of those days. If I tell you that having started putting my weekly shop through the self-service till at Sainsbury's this morning, the white noise, beeping, and bossy computer voice all got a bit too much and I had to find a kindly check-out assistant to cancel my purchases so I could retreat to the safety of the conveyor belt where someone else would put my barcodes through the scanner, do you get the picture?

So, given my lack of vitality, I'm not even going to attempt to write anything entertaining today. Instead, I'm going to send you over here to Powder Room Graffiti, where I'm having a bit of a rant about fussy dinner party guests.

I know. Me, having a rant? What are the chances of that?

5 comments:

  1. Couldn't work out how to leave a comment on the grafitti thing, so will leave it here!

    We give lots of dinner parties and go to them as well. Maybe supper parties is a better word. Maybe it's just our friends but we are all really into food so everything is always eaten and there is always a cheese course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always try to use the self-scanner thingies, and even when I only have about two things, I'm never quicker than I would have been in the regular queue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we had a dinner party here tonight. it involved mashed potato and a topping of minced pear followed by a chocolate brownie with a plastic axe stuck in it.

    i bet mark hix never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for that technology they are talking about where everything has a microchip and it just knows what is in your trolley so you walk up, it tells you how much, you pay, you leave. They'll find some way to stuff it up for us though... and it'll make it easier for the kids to sneak stuff into the trolley... oh well, perhaps I'm not all that excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel - cheese... mmmm... Actually I can't remember the last time I had cheese at a dinner party, mainly because I'm too full (aka too 'greedy') to have any space left by then...

    EPM, yep, that's the last time I do it.

    Grit, I see a Junior Masterchef competition in your future.

    Mummy McT, when you put it like that then the chip technology sounds like a terrible idea. (But then, wasn't it always?)

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...