Sunday 13 September 2009

British Blogging Mummy of the Week

Boy #1 is growing up. Not only was he 6 years old last week (more of which tomorrow), but he is learning to spell. A friend of my mine found this out today when, at the end of this afternoon's play-date, she asked me "Is it time for the kids to have an I-C-E-C-R-E-A-M?", he piped up; "Did you say 'ice cream'?"

So, after the present-fest that accompanied last week's birthday, I've scaled the piles of power rangers, transformers, Ben 10 figurines and assorted books and games (I feel a car boot sale coming on) to reach the computer and tell you about the British Blogging Mummy of this week.

Hot Cross Mum writes of herself:

'Having stepped off the corporate ladder, I now ride the domestic rollercoaster of life as a Stay At Home Mum. My days are now less about deadlines and boardrooms and more about washing lines and bathrooms. As an antidote to washing floors, worrying about what to cook for tea and the pain of stepping on small cars in bare feet, I write about my life as a mother and other mother's lives. It's very therapeutic!'

I particularly suggest you check out her Top of the Tots post on how children never fail to find new ways to embarrass their parents...

PS, in the interests of full disclosure, this post was written yesterday - before HCM was kind enough to pass an award in my direction. Bribes etc, whilst welcome (because I am a mother and as we all know that whilst a little chocolate goes a long way with getting kids to do what you want, it will go even further with their mums - or this one, at any rate), have no impact on who gets nominated...

But if you must know, Green & Black's Butterscotch is my absolute favourite.

To check out the British Mummy Bloggers Ning, click here. (Note: It's called 'Mummy', but Dads can be members too)

1 comment:

  1. Well, Bloody heck and Blimey with capital B's! I am stunned, honoured and very much delighted to be picked out of all the fabulous blogs out there. Thank you so very much - I will hasten downstairs to Mr Tanqueray and Tonic and request that he join me in a little celebratory drink!!! Cheers Potty Mummy - you made a Hot Cross Mum very chilled and happy!

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...