Oh, thank god. THANK GOD! I've been tagged. How fabulous is that? And not once, not twice, but three times; by Bush Mummy, A Modern Mother, and Nappy Valley Girl, which means it would be downright rude of me not to participate, don't you think?
(Have you caught on yet to the fact that I am clean out of posting ideas? I blame the unusual purity of the vodka mentioned in my previous post; thankyou, Mr Tyrell, your potatoes have never been put to better use...).
Before I start though, here's a conversation I had with my younger son today:
Boy #2: "And THEN, the helo-lo-lock flew in and SAVED EVERYBODY!!!!"
Me: "Wow! That's amazing! And can you say it the same way I do, Boy #2? Can you say 'helicopter'?"
Boy #2: "No. I can't say 'helicopter'. But you can."
Back to the tag...
1. What are your current obsessions? Whether Mother Russia finally has us in her grasp, and putting words on a page that are even mildly amusing. The two are not related - yet.
2. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often? It's a dead heat right now between Banana Republic jeans, and a long chunky linen-knit cardigan from Jigsaw that hides the extremely upsetting roll of flab that has appeared around my middle since Easter.
3. What's for dinner? I ate with the boys, so grilled salmon (with thai dipping sauce for me, not the kids), couscous, and green beans.
4. Last thing you bought? The bi-weekly shop from Sainsbury. Rock and roll, baby.
5. What are you listening to? Right now, the sweet sound of silence...
6. If you were a god/goddess who would you be? Tricky one. I would like to say the Goddess of flat stomachs but that would be a lie, so I guess it would have to be the Goddess of Optimistic Self Delusion.
7. Favourite holiday spots? Fowey, in Cornwall. The South of France. Mauritius. Only one of those are on my holiday horizon in the near future, and sadly it ain't the last one...
8. Reading right now? Barack Obama 'Dreams of My Father'. Mr Brave. Mr Perfect. Mr Mischevous. Little Miss Trouble. Other people's blogs...
9. Four words to describe yourself; Trying to get organised.
10. Guilty pleasure? A facial. Followed by a bar of (you guessed it) Green & Black's Butterscotch Chocolate.
11. Who or what makes you laugh until you’re weak? My sister. And Michael McIntyre.
12. Favourite spring thing to do? Walking through South Kensington, looking at all the blossoms on Launceston Place, and daydreaming about winning the lottery so that one of those houses can be mine, Mine, MINE!
13. Planning to travel to next? South of France. Or Russia. It's anyone's guess, frankly.
14. Best thing you ate or drank lately? Organic rhubarb stewed with orange juice and a little sugar, served with 1/2 fat creme fraiche and a drizzle of honey. I could eat it forever. As my parents were staying with me at the time however, and thought the same thing, fat chance - it all went in a trice.
15. When did you last get tipsy? Last weekend. See previous post...
16. Favourite ever film? Life is Beautiful. (I can't watch it again, though. It's too sad. There are not enough tissues in the world...)
17. Care to share some wisdom? Life is short; eat pudding first.
18. Least favourite thing about driving in London (or wherever you live)? 4 x BLOODY 4'S
Rules of the meme. Respond and rework. Answer questions on your own blog. Replace one question. Add one question. Tag 8 people.
So, I tag:
Missing You Already
More Than Just A Mother
and a late addition, Titian Red