Thursday 13 June 2013

In honour of Father's Day; The Perfect...

... Bacon Sandwich, as created by Jamie Oliver.

We all know how to make a good bacon sandwich.  Of course we do.  But indulge this slightly homesick British expat please, and take a look at the original cheeky chappie expounding on the virtues of smoked back and streaky bacon, the importance of grilling from above rather than below, how we need to warm the loaf of bread, and the uses of Worcestershire and Tabasco sauces as key elements of a hangover cure.

I know what I'll be seeking out for breakfast when I'm over at BritMums Live! next weekend...  And yes, I AM talking about a proper British bacon sandwich.  Tut.  You lot have minds like sewers.


6 comments:

  1. He's quite annoying, isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And bacon has RIND, not skin. Very annoying...

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's talking about brown sauce and says "It's made out of a whole load of ingredients."

    Potty, you MUST be homesick if this is what you are pining for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Just wrote a story for work about a bacon brand offering special father's day kits (containing er, bacon, and a few other things). You are obviously their target market!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iota, can I just say that it's not Jamie I'm pining for - but the bacon sarnie? (And the opportunity to have brown sauce too, if I'm honest).

    NVG - a victim of marketing, that's me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, the bacon. Yes. I would pine for that. You had me worried there for a little while.

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...