Sunday 23 May 2010

British Mummy Blogger of the Week

Sunday morning. In reality, it's actually afternoon where I am now, but the time clock on my laptop actually tells me it's only 9.22am, since in an effort to feel connected to my former life, I've left it's default time setting as GMT... (I know, that doesn't exactly show commitment to our Russia adventure. So sue me...)

I'm all about the zeigeist, me (oh yes, I have my car radio - in the UK - tuned to Xfm, I amtotally down with the cool kids), so I thought I'ld fill you in a new type of Blogger event in town. In case you hadn't noticed, it's the photo based carnival. The one that I've been participating in is the brainchild of Tara over at Sticky Fingers; each week she suggests a theme, and each week those participating post a photograph that fits and some words to go with it.

What's that got to do with British Mummy Blogger of the Week, I hear you ask? Well, this is a great way to discover writers who's blogs I haven't happened across yet (or recently). This week's theme - self portrait - was a tough one for many (if, unlike me, you didn't take the easy option of simply pointing your camera at the mirror), and resulted in some amazing posts. One that particularly stood out for me was this one, written by Audrey Horne of the blog 'My Mummy wrote this for me'. Her 'about me' blurb on BMB says:

'I'm a happily co-habiting mother of one five year old son, indie-type, NHS librarian living in the wilds of West Yorkshire. I've recently recovered from breast cancer and am now hopefully getting back to normal life.'

I particularly recommend you check out her post on being beaten in the downhill race whilst masquerading as Blaze, an attractive purple fox... Whilst I would love to say that in the same circumstances I would be the epitome of a good natured loser, I have to admit that there may well be a good reason why we don't yet have a Wii...

For the British Mummy Bloggers ning, click here. Note: it's called 'Mummy', but Dads can be members too...)




2 comments:

  1. Wow! I don't know what to say. I feel touched and really chuffed. Thank you! The Gallery is a great idea - every week there are some wonderful entries. I really recommend going over there and checking them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey, a real pleasure. I really enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...