Tuesday 11 May 2010

Boy #2 does it again

I've started 3 posts this morning and have not finished any of them - all because when I started writing I realised I had more to say on each subject that I have time right now to write. Instead, I leave you with this...

We're on a boat trip up the Moscow River. (It's one of the things you only ever get round to when you have visitors - in this case, my parents). The vessel is perfectly sea-worthy but has definitely seen better days. No matter; Boy #2 is delighted to simply be on the water. An hour into our trip, however, the excitement starts to wane, just as a very swanky boat from the Radisson Hotel glides by, all glass-encased luxury and futuristic lines.

Boy #2 watches it float past, his expression unreadable. Then, he turns to me and, deadpan, utters the immortal line;

"I think we're on the wrong boat, mama."

A truer word...

10 comments:

  1. Love Boy 2. Such a sense of timing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, obviously still too young to appreciate fact that the grass is not necessarily greener on the other side. Or more seaworthy.

    But definitely more expensive.

    LCM x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect. Boy 2 is such a classic, and with an eye for the finer things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww. And there you were trying your best. I know the feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy #2 is very wise for his age. I bet he's going to be a great thinker. A philosopher maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that feeling. I was walking home from school the other day and as we stopped to cross the road we heard a car beep. A BMW sports car? Oh my, do I have an admirer? I look again. There's a beaten up old red VW car...with someone waving at me, I wave back, with rictus grin... never mind...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perceptive child you have. Obviously all this hobnobbing with Ambassadors is wearing off on him....!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So did he jump ship, pirate-style, and swim over to the other one...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Boy,

    I am on the wrong boat too, my dear.

    Sincerely,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mud, I don't know where he gets it from...

    LCM - yes, I seem to be raising my boys to appreciate the finer things in life...

    PwN (can't I just go back to calling you 'Brit'?) -see my comment above! (I wouldn't mind, but I was in my 20's before I realised there WERE finer things in life...)

    Mwa - it's never enough, is it?

    Nora - either that or an entrepreneur

    NM - you want to try living in Moscw - so many beautiful girls here those of us over the age of - shall we be kind to ourselves and say - 35 never bother to turn around...

    NVG - it's lucky he's allergic to nuts or we'ld all be drowning in Ferrero Rocher...

    Iota, no armbands to hand, sadly.

    Dear Lisa, can I join you on a different boat? Preferably one that has buses, trains and airplanes for us to play with? Yours, Boy #2

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...