Sunday 28 June 2009

British Mummy Blogger of the Week

Somebody stole my Sunday.

I know it had it, I was just looking at it, all shiny and new in it's cellophane wrapping as I sat up in bed this morning. I was happily planning what I was going to get done with it, and then I turned around to do the laundry, the shopping, the tidying, prepare various meals, go out and buy a newspaper, and - oh yes - look after the Boys on my own for the 7th day on the trot, and somebody sneaked up behind me and nicked it.

Now it's 6.30pm and I haven't even had the chance to get started on writing my ground-breaking first novel or to discover a fat and calorie-free replacement for chocolate that does't make you obese and which in fact weans you off the original version...

Oh well, I suppose that before I rush to take the Boys out of the bath, blink, and discover that it is next Friday already, I had better tell you about this week's British Mummy Blogger of the Week.

Iota's blog is called 'Not Wrong, Just Different' and she writes:

"That was the mantra I taught myself in preparation for our chapter of life in America's Midwest. We moved from a small village on the coast of Scotland, to a large city pretty much as far from the sea as you can get, with our three children aged (at the time) 9, 6 and 2. That was in December 2006.

Will I go on saying 'Not wrong, just different' as time goes by? Or will it become 'Not wrong, but not quite right either'? Or perhaps 'Home on the Range' after all?"

Check out her fantastic writing here.

To check out the British Mummy Bloggers Ning, click here. (Note: It's called 'Mummy', but we're not fussy. Dads can be members too!)

1 comment:

  1. Hear hear. Iota is one of my favourite bloggers. Not only that but she also dispenses words of incomparable wisdom in her blog comments.

    My Sunday also ran away - once we'd spent the morning erecting Ikea furniture. What joy.

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...