Thursday 15 March 2012

Of course, life in Russia is ALWAYS like this...

A friend sent me a link to the youtube clip below (thankyou, C). I love it. And I would just like to say that yes, this probably is for real; planning a surprise like this for a bride is not inconceivable here. Provided the groom has the cash to pay for it, obviously.

It was filmed at Sparrow Hills, a famous view point across Moscow where newly married couples often come to have their photographs taken on their special day, usually arriving - along with the wedding party - in limos like the one shown in the clip (although they are usually adorned with a giant pair of linked gold wedding rings and flowers on the roof).

Enjoy the feel-good moment...


8 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!! Makes me SO 'homesick' for Moscow though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is wonderful. Has cheered up a dull day here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh me too on the homesickness! I lived at MGU so that's practically my garden!

    That bride's been practising though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was great! I thoroughly enjoyed that. I always like manifestations like this. I'm glad they happen in Russia too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! We had a flash mob here in Dubai a while ago ... Love the feel-good factor!
    http://dubaiunveiled.wordpress.com/2011/11/08/dance-breaks-out-at-the-airport/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent! I'm glad to see that this can happen in Russia. I've yet to see a flash mob on Long Island, that's for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  7. how fun! Thanks for sharing! You know I was looking at what they were wearing more than the dance to figure out how to dress and what people are wearing there...LOL! I see I may need a couple different kinds of coats...heavy duty fur and a puffer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fab is that (and I love the Dubai one too - brings back memories of too many hours spent in that airport)

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...