Boy #2 does it again

>> Tuesday, 11 May 2010

I've started 3 posts this morning and have not finished any of them - all because when I started writing I realised I had more to say on each subject that I have time right now to write. Instead, I leave you with this...


We're on a boat trip up the Moscow River. (It's one of the things you only ever get round to when you have visitors - in this case, my parents). The vessel is perfectly sea-worthy but has definitely seen better days. No matter; Boy #2 is delighted to simply be on the water. An hour into our trip, however, the excitement starts to wane, just as a very swanky boat from the Radisson Hotel glides by, all glass-encased luxury and futuristic lines.

Boy #2 watches it float past, his expression unreadable. Then, he turns to me and, deadpan, utters the immortal line;

"I think we're on the wrong boat, mama."

A truer word...

10 comments:

Mud in the City 11 May 2010 at 08:47  

Love Boy 2. Such a sense of timing!

London City Mum 11 May 2010 at 09:49  

Hmmmm, obviously still too young to appreciate fact that the grass is not necessarily greener on the other side. Or more seaworthy.

But definitely more expensive.

LCM x

PantsWithNames 11 May 2010 at 09:51  

Perfect. Boy 2 is such a classic, and with an eye for the finer things in life.

Mwa 11 May 2010 at 12:18  

Awww. And there you were trying your best. I know the feeling!

Nora 11 May 2010 at 14:06  

Boy #2 is very wise for his age. I bet he's going to be a great thinker. A philosopher maybe.

nixdminx 11 May 2010 at 15:58  

I know that feeling. I was walking home from school the other day and as we stopped to cross the road we heard a car beep. A BMW sports car? Oh my, do I have an admirer? I look again. There's a beaten up old red VW car...with someone waving at me, I wave back, with rictus grin... never mind...

nappy valley girl 11 May 2010 at 16:23  

What a perceptive child you have. Obviously all this hobnobbing with Ambassadors is wearing off on him....!

Iota 11 May 2010 at 17:38  

So did he jump ship, pirate-style, and swim over to the other one...

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings 12 May 2010 at 16:23  

Dear Boy,

I am on the wrong boat too, my dear.

Sincerely,

Lisa

Potty Mummy 13 May 2010 at 07:46  

Mud, I don't know where he gets it from...

LCM - yes, I seem to be raising my boys to appreciate the finer things in life...

PwN (can't I just go back to calling you 'Brit'?) -see my comment above! (I wouldn't mind, but I was in my 20's before I realised there WERE finer things in life...)

Mwa - it's never enough, is it?

Nora - either that or an entrepreneur

NM - you want to try living in Moscw - so many beautiful girls here those of us over the age of - shall we be kind to ourselves and say - 35 never bother to turn around...

NVG - it's lucky he's allergic to nuts or we'ld all be drowning in Ferrero Rocher...

Iota, no armbands to hand, sadly.

Dear Lisa, can I join you on a different boat? Preferably one that has buses, trains and airplanes for us to play with? Yours, Boy #2

Post a Comment

Go on - you know you want to...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Customised by Grayson Technology

Back to TOP