...what do you do when your 3 year old son, sitting naked on the potty and doing anything he can to avoid getting into the bath, answers your statement that in 3 - 2 -1 he will be getting into the tub with this?
"No. When I blow my whistle Mama, in 3 - 2 - 1, you will start running...
"3 - 2 - 1! (Blows whistle. I think he 'popped' as well, but by this time I was laughing too hard to be sure)...
"START RUNNING! Why aren't you running, Mama????"
Or, what do you say when your 5 year old son, watching a middle-aged lady comforting a toddler who has just fallen down in the playground, turns to you and says, at the top of his voice;
"Aaaah... Look... She really cares about that baby, Mama..."
Now, I've been tagged. Twice, blast it. And this isn't one I can just brush off, no, it's the Recycling Week tag. You know. The one that gets you to put your money where your mouth is on the environment and doing your bit to save it.
Karen from the Rubbish Diet and Don't Tear Your Hair Out has set all mummy bloggers a challenge: how many can she get to take a recycling pledge and write about it? Well, two for starters are A Modern Mother and Rosie Scribble and they've tagged me on this one (thanks both. No, I mean it. Really...)
I've promised to recycle bottles and cans whilst I'm out and about. I know, I know, it seems a bit lightweight, but I already do most things on the list of possible pledges, with the notable exception of composting, but since I live in a flat in central London I figure I can pass on that one.
It's not as simple as just making the pledge though... I have to do a forfeit if I don't deliver. And mine? Take a deep breath. No chocolate for a week. NO CHOCOLATE FOR A WEEK! Am I crazy?
Want to join me? Then this one works as follows:
1. Visit http://www.recyclenow.com/ and sign up to one of the pledges to waste less.
2. Share the details of your pledge on your own blog.
3. Chose five other bloggers, who will also be up for a bit of recycling fun.
4. Come back to this post at The Rubbish Diet and share your pledge with others, by placing a link to your pledge in the comments field.
5. Optional - as a thank you to all involved The Rubbish Diet will be publishing a British Mummy Bloggers' Recycle Week carnival on Monday 29th June. To be included, simply submit your favourite post revealing the progress of your pledge by Saturday 27th June - email to karen[at]therubbishdiet[dot]co[dot]uk.
So, who do I tag that hasn't already been hit (sorry, blessed) by this one?
Amy at And 1 more Means Four (because you don't have enough to do, obviously)
Tasha at Wahm -Bam!
Melissa at Moretolifethanlaundry (in your spare time...)
Nixdminx (because it's not like you've got a fab new job or anything)
and because I know she's just going to love this, Pig in the Kitchen. Let's test out those French recycling facilties, shall we?
Right. I'm off to line my handbag with plastic so I can wash it out when the drips from my diet coke cans spill all over the inside of it, as I desperately hunt for recycling facilities and end up carrying it home instead...