Tuesday 23 April 2013

Just when you think it's all gone quiet, the BiB awards come along and...

...something like this happens.


NOMINATE ME BiB 2013 WRITER


I've been shortlisted for a BritMums Brilliance in Blogging award (click for a link to see the full shortlists for all categories).

Along with 15 other blogs, The Potty Diaries has been included in the shortlist for the 'Writer' award.  I was already delighted to be included - and then I read the details on the category, as follows (lifted straight from the BritMums site):

'Most blogs have writing at their core. But some blogs feature writing that makes it hard to stop reading. Whether a blog reads like a compelling bestseller or gorgeous poetry, this award celebrates the words on the page.'

Gulp.  Someone, somewhere, thinks this about my blog.

Jesus.  I'm a little bit emotional, to tell the truth.

Consider yourselves warned; I have had enough of self-deprecation and modesty and tomorrow I will probably be asking for your vote.  But today?  Today, I am just having a bit of a moment.

That brightness you can see over in the eastern sky?  It's the reflection of my grin.

6 comments:

  1. I"m a rival - but it's nice to be recognised for writing isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is - and I know it's a cliche but when I look at the shortlist it's amazing to even be included. Best of luck - and so sorry you won't at the awards ceremony. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations lovely, hope you win :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 21stCM, thankyou!

    Michelle - thanks, and you too!

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...