Wednesday 4 April 2012

The Gallery; At Peace

This post is for Wk 97 of Tara's Gallery - click here to see all the other entries.

I went to Izmailova Market* this morning, fully intending to take pictures that illustrate - to me, at least - that whilst Moscow is many things, 'at peace' (this week's prompt) is not the first condition to spring to mind.

I took some too, but when I was downloading them to my computer I came across the photograph below, taken one morning this week when I rushed out of the house with split second timing for the school run as usual, to find my sons had drawn this in the snow for me, unprompted. And for one moment, in amongst the hurly burly of our daily life, I was at peace.





















*Izmailova Market is a good place to head for souvenirs, small gifts, army surplus, and kitsch of almost any description but most especially matrushka dolls, and seasonal decorations like these...










4 comments:

  1. How sweet little boys can be!

    I envy you your seasonal decorations - we have markets galore here, but Easter - unlike Christmas - is not really recognized much by the Koreans except for a few stalls near the flower market. Love those eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boys are sweet to trample two hearts into the snow for you. It does mean you're loved. What tokens of affection they are.

    The Easter decorations look nice. Are you going to have an Easter tree?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics and thank you for the Easter reminder - i need to try and find something resembling Cadbury's eggs for the boys....lol

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...