Thursday 23 February 2012

The Gallery; Landscapes

This post is a disgracefully late entry for Week 92 of Tara's Gallery - click here to see all the other fabulous entries.

Given that this week's prompt is 'Landscapes', and bearing in mind where I am this week, even though I'm 24 hours late on posting I couldn't possibly miss out on entering the Gallery.

No prizes for guessing for how the Potski family are spending our days - but I wonder, will you be able to work out where we're doing it?



































Oh, OK. You want clues. Here they are;

  • You don't need a visa if you're an EU citizen...
  • ...but this country is not in the EU.
  • The food is DELICIOUS.
  • The locals are mostly hospitable.
  • There are borders you don't want to cross.
  • They produce their own wines, some of which are pretty good (and some of which - well, let's not go there).
  • And obviously, you can ski. In fact, whilst it's not the most challenging area I've ever skied in, it more than makes up for that with some of the best snow and the shortest lift lines I've ever seen. And it's at an impressive height (the resort itself starts at 2200m), and has some of the quietest runs I've ever been on in my 18 years of skiing. (Mind you, it also has some of the craziest skiers. But then you can't have everything).

And that's it. So, where am I?



8 comments:

  1. Switzerland? Though you didn't mention chocolate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I can hazard an intelligent guess, sorry, but the town looks amazing. Hope you come back and tell us where it is so I can visit some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Eastern europe/Balkans but I have skiied in Bosnia, Macedonia & Monte Negro & they're not that high. I reckon somewhere like Bulgaria or Slovenia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's Switzerland too, because of the EU thing. But I'm wondering why there are no lift lines (unless it's because Switzerland is just too expensive at the moment...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bulgaria? Where ever it is the scenery is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK I go with Switzerland or possibly Luxembourg?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not too sure where but the views look amazing! (Serbia???)

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...