Thursday 19 January 2012

1000 Posts Ho!

No, the title of this post is not some pathetic attempt to get down with the street speak, bro'. It's to do with the fact that, according to my dashboard, this is the 986th post that I've written for The Potty Diaries. (Admittedly, not all of them are still up there and indeed some aren't up there yet, but I'm going with the dashboard counter on this one because, well, it's my blog and I can)

Nitpicking over numbers aside, who would have thought I had that much to say?

However, it turns out that I do (and from potty training, to school-blues, to expat highs and lows, it's not over yet), so I have a couple of questions for any regular (or even non-regular) readers out there:

Based on my current rate of posts (about 3 per week), I will hit Post 1000 before the end of February. Should I mark this in some way, or should I just let it slide past unnoticed in a 'oh, this old thing? It's been sitting at the back of the cupboard for years, dahling, years' kind of a way?

And if do mark it, any ideas on how? Should I blog on a particular subject? Should I offer some kind of freebie*? Perhaps I should even come up with a loyalty badge for people who comment on the 1000th post - maybe reading something like;

"I've been reading The Potty Diaries for years, and all she ever gave me was this rubbish badge"

(Actually, I quite like that last idea. Except that no-one will want it except perhaps my sis and that would be too crushing, so...)

Anyway. Feedback?


*Any pr's who still read The Potty Diaries, feel free to chime in now with great offers of free holidays, designer goods or indeed a free box of chocolate for one lucky reader.

4 comments:

  1. I passed number 1,200 and I don't remember making too much of a big deal out of number 1,000. But then I'm not as famous a blogger as you are.

    Maybe because of your status you do need to pay special attention to it. Maybe you could do a lottery and give away something typically Russian to give it a festive tint.

    It's just an idea. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't work out how many posts I've written, because I copied the blog to a back-up blog, and then deleted quite a lot of posts from the existing blog . Well, I probably could, but it would be a lengthy exercise, and in a quick reckoning, it's not 1,000.

    I think a competition, or giveaway, or something jolly is definitely in order.

    You could maybe go through all those posts and add up the comments from each reader, and see who has left the most comments, and then give them a huge cheque. (I'm guessing I'm in with a chance.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely an occasion to be marked, just not sure how.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or just make a cake and set the house on fire. Helluva lot of candles.
    Or you could wait till June and we'll celebrate with you.

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...