Friday 14 August 2009

Exercise and Me...

I just got back from the gym. Hot, sweaty, and wondering why on earth I bother. Then I realised just why I bother as I found myself standing in the kitchen bolting down my second piece of toast and marmalade in 5 minutes. WITH butter too, of course. (What's the point, otherwise?)

And as luck would have it, on logging on - post toast-frenzy - I decided to check out Powder Room Graffiti, and guess what; they're running a piece I wrote about my relationship with Exercise today...

If you get the chance to read it, you'll see why I give it a capital 'E'.

6 comments:

  1. I never go to the Powder Room. I hope you don't ban me from your blog now. I don't like to get sidetracked. I have a one way mind. Straight ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irene, that's fine, I know it's a big ask. Sheer laziness on my part for not updating my blog! (It's a shame though - I quite liked this piece!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll make an exception for you and go and read it. I can use a good bit of reading today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post on The Powder Room. I think there is a proven mathematical formula for this weight loss conundrum:

    If A > 35 then X + Y cubed = 0.

    A = yourself
    X = exercise
    Y = cakes and biscuits

    Ah well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good post. Like you, I was never sporty but have had brief flirtations with exercise in the past. But I haven't done any since I stopped yoga in February (unless you count chasing my children down the street as they race off on their scooters). I am probably incredibly unfit, and will pay the price as an old woman.

    At least you will be fit and strong and healthy, even if it makes no difference to the weight...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great article on powder room graffiti. (I say, as i sit here, the biggest i have ever been, having just eaten a huge bar of chocolate, feeling sick and fat and horrible and thinking that it is too late, i will never get it back).

    And i feel so down about it i am off for another chocolate fix to make me feel better. HELP!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...