Monday 14 November 2011

How you know you've lost the edge...

How do you know you've lost that sartorial edge?

Obviously, this post is not about me. I am, of course, a mere whippersnapper of coughcoughmumblemumble, only buying my clothes from Top Shop, Miss Sixty and other places that cater to the stick thin and trend-led such as myself.

Pause whilst PM picks herself up from the floor, laughing hysterically, and pops upstairs to change her sensible M&S underwear. Pelvic floors ain't what they used to be...

So, how do you know when following fashion is no longer your top priority?

When you show your best girlfriends the new pair of highly desirable boots you picked up on the Kings Road, with patent leather and everything, and the aspect of them that everyone agrees is amazing?

"Look at that! That's fantastic! Do you know how difficult it is to find a pair of nice-looking boots with a decent tread on them?"

We are becoming our mothers.

4 comments:

  1. So true - have just found a pair that I love, mostly because they have good treads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes me grin because I just bought a pair of decent boots just like that. I won't fall down this winter, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in a fancy store where they had rainboots for sale in lots of different colors. They wanted $175 for them! I asked my fiance if it would be wrong to put a note on the table that said that farm supply stores have similar things for $19.95.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm in worse shape than you are...all I could think was, "Yes, but are they COMFORTABLE?"

    Sad.

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...