Wednesday 23 November 2011

The Gallery: Week 82

This post is for Week 82 of Tara's Gallery: click here to see all the other entries...

The prompt for this week's Gallery is 'Something I am Proud Of'. Wow. Like everybody I'm sure, there are things in my life that I'm not proud of (the unpacked boxes from our move nearly one month ago, the fact that after nearly two years in Moscow my Russian is still - to use a technical term - 'crap', my procrastination when it comes to any and all things financial, etc etc), but over all, there's a lot in my life that I AM proud of. So, where to start?

It's lucky, in a way, that I don't post photographs of my family, because I am inordinately proud of my children. Not just of their amazing characters, their achievements, and their resilience but - if I'm honest - how goddam beautiful they are, too. They may be boys, but that doesn't stop complete strangers stopping me and telling me what good-looking sons I have. (It's all from my side of the family, obviously.) However, as I have frequently said, I don't post photos of The Boys here, so you're saved from those...

Instead, then, I'm going to show you some photos I've taken since I've been in Moscow. Not only am I proud of them simply as images, but I am proud of them for what they represent to me: living here, making it work, and not just making it work, but - if you'll pardon the expression - taking this experience and making it my bitch...












5 comments:

  1. Wow! We've had challenges moving from the US to the UK - and we speak the same language (mostly). Gorgeous photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you should be so proud, I can't imagine how hard it must be to live in a country where you can't speak the language.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those photos are great - the kind that make me want to travel more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially like the last photo. It reminds me of the landscape up north in this country. I'd forgotten how much I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jenn

    Alli, well, I can a little. Enough to get by - just not enough to hold a conversation!

    Pinkoddy - you could do worse than consider Russia. Though I have to say, you might want to wait until it's a little warmer...

    Nora, you should go visit. No visa needed for North Holland, either!

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...