The Gallery: Green

>> Wednesday, 27 April 2011

The prompt for Tara's Gallery this week was 'Green'. (Click here to see all the other wonderful entries).


Now, the snow has gone - finally - in Moscow, and the grass is growing, but I have to be honest, there isn't much in the way of green and growing things to show you just yet. Ask me to show you 'Green' next week and I expect it to be a whole different story, but right now? Not so much.

Instead then, here are two photographs I took recently on a trip to a city about 200km north of Moscow called Rostov Veliky (trans; Rostov The Great, as opposed to Rostov the not-so-great which I'm assured exists a little further away). The Kremlin there (for oh yes, Red Square doesn't have the monopoly on that word; it means 'fortress') is old and beautiful, but I'm not going to show you that this time around (been there, done that, for Silent Sunday).

So here are a couple of details - green, obviously - that caught my eye elsewhere in the town...

A tile on the side of a building, just because...




















And this is where the old window frames which I photographed in glorious situ last September, go to to die... (or, to be sold on to gullible Muscovites at vastly inflated prices. Whichever happens first.)
















14 comments:

Emma 27 April 2011 at 09:33  

Your pictures are always lovely! Great variation of the green theme! Emma :)

Mummy...Mummy.....MUM!! 27 April 2011 at 09:39  

Great photos. Love the window frames. xx

amberjas 27 April 2011 at 09:42  

I love this 'outside the box' submission to the gallery - thank you for sharing

TheBoyandMe 27 April 2011 at 10:22  

Those photos are of stunning objects, I'd love one of those frames; they are gorgeous. Can you imagine one in a dividing garden fence?

overthehillmum 27 April 2011 at 13:07  

Lovely photo's. I do like that tile

Mrs E 27 April 2011 at 13:15  

Great variation of the green theme!

Cherished By Me 27 April 2011 at 13:23  

How lovely, especially like the tile. :)

Jacq 27 April 2011 at 15:59  

I love those window frames. Can you imagine the prices they'd go for in London!

Fiona Erlandsen 27 April 2011 at 16:34  

Oh, I want one, those frames are stunning. Couldn't find anything like that in Lanzarote, or Norway for that matter!

Tattie Weasle 27 April 2011 at 17:26  

Now look here after all these comments about wanting those window frames maybe you should set up business - I want one too for my bathroom...no I have no idea why just because, like the tile!

Herding Cats 27 April 2011 at 17:39  

What gorgeous window frames. It's a shame that they have to go to die!

mummyneeds 27 April 2011 at 19:43  

What beautiful photo's, hoe decorative the frames are out there. Glad the snow has gone also.

Windmill Tales 27 April 2011 at 20:38  

So glad your snow is disappearing I was so surprised to see so much of it when I was the at the end of March

Melly Bentley 27 April 2011 at 21:00  

I love these pictures. I love how the green jumps out of the shot

Post a Comment

Go on - you know you want to...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Customised by Grayson Technology

Back to TOP