Friday 2 July 2010

Stop-gap post...


We're leaving for a holiday in the UK this afternoon but there are a couple of things I wanted to get down in a post first...

London City Mum has very kindly given me this award. Whilst I'm always delighted to receive such things I'm rubbish about acknowledging them on my blog (and even worse at passing them on), but this Must Change, so LCM, thankyou very much, I'm delighted. I'll pass it on when I'm not so pressed for time (come on - I did warn you I was even worse at that bit...)



A rash of bloggers are participating in Dulwich Mum's hilarious Alternative Boden Catalogue. Check it out - but practice your pelvic floor exercises first...

I have two sons who look similar and have identical abilities to delight and frustrate, but they are separated by approximately two years in age. To open a window onto the experiences of mothers who have twins and triplets - always illuminating - check out the Carnival about Twins And More over at You've Got Your Hands Full.

On a personal note, I'm feeling vindicated this morning. Last week, after 5 months of having no bank account (in Russia, at any rate), I finally got my hands on cash cards that won't cost an arm and a leg when I withdraw money over here. As expected, bureaucracy reigns (this is Russia, after all), and we had to go all the way to the other side of Moscow to pick up both the cards and the pin codes. I stowed the latter somewhere safe (OK, in the middle of a pile of papers - but I knew exactly where they were) when we got home, only to find that they had disappeared without trace a couple of days later when I finally got the chance to activate the cards.

Husband was - to put it mildly - annoyed. As was I; how could I have been so STUPID? I turned the house upside down looking for them, to no avail, and then had to make two more trips back to the branch to confess my foolishness and get new codes. This morning, however, I got a phone call from a very contrite Husband who had found said codes in an envelope of 'stuff' he had packed up and taken to the office. Whilst we did waste time looking for them and trekking backwards and forwards to the bank, overall I'm treating this as a positive experience because:

a) neither of us said anything too damning to the other in the original hunt for the lost codes...
b) I'm NOT crazy, I hadn't lost them...
c) my beloved Husband 'fessed up when he really had no need to. Which is one of the many reasons why I love him so.

8 comments:

  1. Ahh, husbands - you've just got to love them really haven't you. Haven't you? Enjoy the trip to the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, it's so nice to know that a) you're not crazy and b) it's not your fault, isn't it?

    Have fun in the UK and at Cybermummy - sorry not to be seeing you there. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must take care of your stuff better next time, PM, and not let your husband near anything that belongs to you. He's not to be trusted with anything valuable. Typical Dutch male. We women always have to take care of such things. Don't let him fool you into thinking he's responsible. Dutch women wear the pants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Ha! Thank you for getting a point for our team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trying to keep track of my bank cards is not easy for me either. I've replaced maybe three of them in the last few years and always seem to lose them in one particular store, where they now know me by my first name because I'm always calling to ask if they have my card.

    Enjoy your vacation to the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mummy - that's definitely my plan...

    HCM, yes, you do. Most of the time..

    NVG, me too - you would have enjoyed it, I think.

    Nora, so I've heard. Although I suspect that may be why he married an English woman...

    Mwa - my pleasure, really!

    Thanks Lisa, I am doing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you found (somewhere) the time to pick up the award.

    Much coveted, I'll have you know.

    LCM x

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...