Me, Lady GaGa, and the great age debate

>> Friday, 25 March 2011

On the way home from school today;

Boy #1: "Lady GaGa is really rich, isn't she?"

Me: " Yes, I suppose she probably is."

Boy #1: "She's a rich, old, woman."

I nearly crash the car. "She's not old! Lady GaGa is younger than I am! Who told you she was old?"

Boy #1: "N did. He said, she's this reeeally old woman."

Boy #2: "How old IS she?"

I take a wild guess. "I don't know... 24 or 25, maybe?"

Horrified intakes of breath from the back seat.

Boy #2: "That's REALLY old... How old are you?"

Me: "I'm 44. Which is much more than Lady GaGa. Does that make me really old too?"

Cue diplomatic silence. Then;

Boy #1: "Maybe her birthday is before yours in the year, Mama. That makes her older thanyou, really..."

I'll go with that.


Note: with sincere apologies to Lady GaGa...


6 comments:

Tattie Weasle 25 March 2011 at 06:45  

Oh heck I remember when 16 was really really old (the age of my babysitter at the time) now I think 30 is young...I've been forced to think about age too by the Boys they are Sooo delightful about reminding one of how old you are. I told mine I would be 45 this year and The Boy with his newly required maths knowledge remarked I was 9x older than Bog Boy in a shocked voice. And yes there was silence in the car....all the way back home!!!

Elsie Button 25 March 2011 at 08:01  

for some bizarre reason my kids seem to think that every other 'grown up' is old, apart from me. i am not sure whether to feel insulted or flattered...

London City Mum 25 March 2011 at 08:31  

You mean you did not stop the car and make him get out?

I applaud you. Far more diplomatic than I would have been.

LCM x

p.s. and quite frankly I'd take you over Lady Gaga ANY day, regardless of age!

Tara Cain 25 March 2011 at 09:19  

Eeek. Kids were put on this earth to make us feel oooooold. Fact.

The Expatresse 25 March 2011 at 17:39  

My youngest can't believe Madonna is still alive. At least Madonna is older than I am. By, like six weeks, but still.

Expat mum 25 March 2011 at 20:02  

Oh, let's not talk about age. For some reason my teens think it's hilarious that I'm old. Like I had any say in the day I was born.

Post a Comment

Go on - you know you want to...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Customised by Grayson Technology

Back to TOP