'Tales from the Land of the Lost... Property' continued...

>> Friday, 20 March 2015

You know how sometimes bloggers use a little poetic licence when writing their posts?  I have to admit that the post I wrote yesterday - about Boy #2 losing his coat - was actually about an incident that happened the day before.  So sue me.

What I'm writing about now, though, happened this morning - honest, guv.

So, in an effort to communicate to Boy #2 how much of a pain in the backside losing his coat is, I have made him come with me to the Lost & Found cupboards at school 3 times since he mislaid it.  We went there yesterday morning.  We went there yesterday afternoon.  And we went there again this morning.

No sign of it - the coat is still lost in the space-time continuum.  But I figured that if nothing else, as a result of the hassle of going backwards and forwards to L&F, he would take better care of his belongings from now on.

This morning, however, after another fruitless expedition to the cupboards, I walked him to his class.  We were almost at the door, when THIS happened.

Me: "Have a good day darling.  See you later..."

Boy #2: "Bye Mum!"

Me (with a sinking feeling):  "Wait.  Where are your hat and gloves?"

Boy #2 looked at me with a dismayed expression.  "Um.  I left them at the Lost & Found?"


Well.  That lesson in taking responsibility for his possessions really worked, then...

4 comments:

Mwa 23 March 2015 at 11:30  

Hi there! I'm back in blogland, but lost all my blogs because Google ate them. Iota to the rescue, though, so now all is well.
I have given up on the whole thing, especially hats and gloves. I buy a (small) stack each year in the sales, and then when they've lost all of them, they get no more until the next year. I suppose that would be harder in Russia.

Muddling Along 23 March 2015 at 12:14  

At least the hat and gloves have avoided the room of requirement? Small silver lining?

expatmum,  23 March 2015 at 19:44  

Losing things while at Lost & Found is a dying art....

Place to stand 27 March 2015 at 13:33  

I had this with one of my boys and his swimming trunks - seemed to have been the last straw.....

Post a Comment

Go on - you know you want to...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Customised by Grayson Technology

Back to TOP