Things you never know about blogging...

>> Wednesday, 20 February 2013

... until you've been doing it for longer than is perhaps wise.

#1 Your Significant Others will read your posts - and perhaps, just to wind you up, quote them back to you at inopportune moments. I give you Exhibit A, Your Honour.

The Potski Family are on holiday this week, skiing.  Halfway through what was quite a stressful morning of flat light, steep icy slopes, horizontal snow, and zero ski ability on my part due to not being able to see where the hell I was going, and wondering why on earth I had ever thought strapping two boards to my feet and pointing them downhill was a good idea, Husband said "You have snow on your moustache."  Longer term readers of this blog might recognise this as a direct quote from a blog post I wrote a couple of years back, about a similar incident.  

So there I was, stranded on a mountain-side, wondering how on earth I was going to get down it, and now - on top of all those insignifcant 'will I ever make it back to my children alive' worries I was dealing with - also wondering if a) the moustache/snow issue was in the fact the case, b) he was simply referring to my 2 year old blog post in an attempt to lighten the mood take my mind off the situation (in which case, why couldn't he just tell me a joke, for chrissake?) or c) both things were in fact true.

I suspect c). 

6 comments:

London City (Mum) 20 February 2013 at 21:41  

I'm with Iota. Did you 'accidentally on purpose' ski over him afterwards?

Tsk.

LCM x

MsCaroline 20 February 2013 at 22:24  

For shame. Maybe time to start blogging anonymously?

Expat mum 21 February 2013 at 04:58  

Or,like happens when we are skiing (now) - "MOM, is that going on the blog? "
Oh yes, boys. (See current post)
And none of them have even read it! I think if you tell them you're blogging their every move, (which I don't) they just roll their eyes and ignore it all. Mwa ha ha).

Michelloui | The American Resident 21 February 2013 at 06:56  

I'm more Expat Mum on this one. everywhere we go I stop to take a photo or make a note. My daughter says 'will you blog about this?' I say 'maybe!' And everyone suddenly sits up straighter. ;)

But still. Iota's also right!

dadwithtwokids 21 February 2013 at 13:43  

As i'm new to blogging I've not experienced this yet but my partner has certainly been making the odd comment so will be interesting to see how it develops!

http://dadwithtwokids.wordpress.com

Post a Comment

Go on - you know you want to...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Customised by Grayson Technology

Back to TOP