Thursday 14 February 2013

Not a review. Just a statement of intent...

The entirely fabulous @KnackeredMutha's book, 'The Knackered Mother's Wine Club', is out today.  I was lucky enough to receive a review copy and am currently working my way through it, but will be featuring how the book stands up to the challenge of Moscow wine shopping before too long.

I would have done this sooner but - entirely uncharacteristically - I haven't needed to buy much wine recently.  Sacrilege to say, I know, but since I have a husband who travels through Duty Free every week and the foresight to throw a recent lunch party for 11 lovely ladies, a good number of whom were kind enough to bring bottles with them (some of which didn't get consumed, due to it's being a school day and the subsequent brakes that put on alcohol consumption), wine hasn't been on my shopping list since I received my copy.  (And believe me, given the prices here, you don't tend to buy wine 'just because...')

However.  The cupboard is now practically bare, so after we get back from half term, I will be putting the book through it's paces with the offerings available in a couple of Moscow supermarkets.  In the meantime, I can tell you the book is engagingly written, entertaining, and informative, and that the beauty of having been sent an electronic copy means it's coming on holiday with me.  I will be eagerly looking for entries on Austrian wine in the very near future.

If you can't wait though, and want to buy online now, click here for the link...

As Helen says on her blog: 'Peace out, winos'.

2 comments:

  1. I love her blog and the wines all sound great, but I can't usually get them here. Sigh...
    Will have to wait till the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And she's SO FUNNY apparently...x

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...