The Gallery: Sunshine

>> Wednesday, 30 May 2012

This post is for Wk 101 of Tara's Gallery - click here to see all the other entries...

So, the prompt for this week's Gallery was 'sunshine'.  And Tara, bless her, threw down a direct challenge to me when she wrote in her post 'I must also apologise to a certain Russian blogger who is going to find this a veeery tough theme . . . '


Once upon a time - before I lived here - I would have agreed with her that finding sunshine in Russia might be a big ask.  But after two and a half years I have to say that in summer at least, finding sunshine is not a problem.  So much so that rather than having to trawl through the archives for a suitably sunny photo, I decided instead to hold fire and simply take a photo on the walk to school this morning.  It's not art - but it is sunny.
















So. Trees, and sunshine.  What more could you ask for, Ms Cain? Unless, of course, you were expecting snow and ice.  In which case, I can always show you this...













Although, just to be clear - the second photo was NOT taken today. That was a March shot from last year...  What do you mean, you don't believe me?

4 comments:

Liz 30 May 2012 at 09:22  

Actually if I think about that scene in Dr Zhivago where Lara has to leave Yuri, it was sunny then, despite the snow ;)

saveeverystep 30 May 2012 at 10:29  

Well, who knew!?? I bet it's gorgeous. Is it hot for a teeny weeny period in the summer?

Irene 30 May 2012 at 17:23  

It seems to me that you get lots of sunshine in Moscow in the summertime, don't you? And nice temperatures too.

The mum of all trades 31 May 2012 at 11:59  

Great to see the sunshine has occured the world over! Bet ours is hotter here though

Post a Comment

Go on - you know you want to...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Customised by Grayson Technology

Back to TOP