>> Thursday, 19 April 2012
- For the last time, it is not a race.
- And that is not a gun.
- It's a test tube containing a mechanised bug.
- I know you know that.
- No, it is not a gun in disguise.
- Stop pointing the gun at your brother.
- No, I know it's not a gun.
- Because you keep using it as one.
- But I know it's not a gun.
- Just because your brother is pointing a gun - sorry, hex bug in a test tube - at you, doesn't mean you can do the same thing back.
- I know it's not a gun.
- It's like having dinner during 'Shoot out at the OK Corral' here.
- No, it's not a real place.
- It's the name of a black and white film.
- Yes, they did make black and white films once.
- A very very very very long time ago.
- No, I was not alive then.
- And I did not live in a corral.
- Because a corral is a place you keep horses.
- And OK was the name of the ranch, not a ranking of how good it was.
- A ranch is a farm in America, where cowboys work.
- And 'The OK Corral' was where they had a famous gun fight - or at least, there was a film about it.
- Put the gun down.
- No, I know it's not a gun...
Repeat to fade...
With apologies to Millenium Mum who was the supreme master of this blogging genre in her 'Things I have said...' posts. She stopped blogging some time ago, but I still miss her lists.