I am grateful for...

>> Monday, 23 April 2012

This post is the result of a BritMums blogging prompt, in which they suggested we write what we're grateful for.

So here we go: I am grateful for...

My boys, Husband and family
My friends
yadda yadda yadda... the normal stuff we are supposed to be grateful for and of course I am, but but let's cut to the chase...

In no particular order, then:


  • Chocolate. The good stuff, that is.
  • Diet coke
  • Cool white wine on warm summer evenings
  • Cool white wine
  • Butter, sugar, flour, eggs, and whichever genius it was who originally thought; 'Hey! Why not mix them together and turn them into something called - oh, I don't know - cake..?'
  • Cake, generally.  But not Russian cake - sorry.
  • Free range meat & organic vegetables (they really do taste better - and no, we can't generally get them here)
  • Silver sneakers
  • Blister plasters
  • Bling and the self-control not to wear too much of it.  Because of the blisters, obvs.
  • Garlic
  • Toothbrushes & toothpaste
  • Marilyn Moore on the Kings Road in Chelsea
  • Dry cleaners
  • John Lewis (insert heavenly 'LAAA' here)
  • Kindle
  • The fact that my Kindle purchases come out of MY rather than my husband's account
  • A crisply ironed shirt when I haven't had to be the one who ironed it
  • Fresh fish
  • The fact my sons also love fresh fish and will happily sit for a good ten minutes planning our fresh-fish safaris with me as we get excited about forthcoming trips back to the UK
  • The sound of the snow under my cross country skis
  • The fact that the sound of snow under my cross country skis is now a thing of the past until about next January
  • Camomile tea
  • Vodka and champagne.  But not together.  That part of my life is over.
  • South Kensington, generally
  • The expat bubble and the opportunity to step outside it in Russia


And finally;

People who read my wittering blog posts through to the end...

9 comments:

Karin @ Cafe Bebe 23 April 2012 at 11:34  

Simply perfect! I never knew Blister Plasters until I came to the UK! They are genius as is your post! ;)

Karin @ Cafe Bebe

nappy valley girl 23 April 2012 at 15:08  

John Lewis is so fab, isn't it? No shop in America can compare....

Irene 23 April 2012 at 18:22  

A good honest list!

The mum of all trades 23 April 2012 at 21:22  

So many of these would be on my list too. Especially cake!

BNM 24 April 2012 at 18:48  

List making one of the things we all do best. Glad I made it to the end of the post!

BNM

Potty Mummy 24 April 2012 at 19:06  

Thankyou Karin!

Mud, now do you mean this post is full of cheese (which of course it is), or that you are grateful for cheese? (Can't believe I left it off the list, actually...)

NVG, and definitely no shop in Moscow.

Irene, I aim to please!

Mum of all Trades, my kind of person...

BNM, me too!

Mrs. Munchkin 26 April 2012 at 18:56  

Thank you for sharing organic is not available! This would have been one of my questions. Is second hand smoke considered organic?

Mrs. Munchkin 26 April 2012 at 18:57  

Thank you for sharing organic is not available! This would have been one of my questions. Is second hand smoke considered organic?

Post a Comment

Go on - you know you want to...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Customised by Grayson Technology

Back to TOP