Tuesday 7 June 2011

Life here can be wonderful, too...

I'm not - as you will see - particularly good at filming.

I don't have a steady hand, or much patience when small boys talk over the top of birdsong I'm trying to record. I haven't even worked out how to edit my footage to take out references to dandelions and exasperated 'shush!''es. But even so, I hope you enjoy the first half (at least) of this short film where the only action is from the clouds, the wind, the not-so-distant traffic, a bird singing it's heart out, and two small boys talking about picking flowers...



(Would this count as my first ever vlog, do you reckon? No. Thought not...)

7 comments:

  1. Love the shhhhh at the end! I could listen to that bird singing all day. I'm rubbish with filming so if you find out about editing videos do let me know!

    PS Please do more like this x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poetically sweet and short and filmed with enormous restraint, plus love the tweety bird and those wee voices...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just jealous of the blue sky, I've forgotten what that looks like

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I think that definitely counts... a real 'Springwatch' moment. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. RS, shall see how I can oblige!

    AW, so I'm up for an Oscar, then?

    Mum of all Trades - now you're saying that to the wrong person... (May I remind you of our 5 month-long winter?)

    Dotterel, my pleasure - had been meaning to do so last week but just needed a push!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for yr first blog. I'm v impressed. C u v soon!! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...