Wednesday 2 February 2011

Shape: The Gallery


I love the summer. Contrary to my expectations, Moscow in the summer is a very green city. Sure, it has it's dustbowls and waste-lands of unfortunate soviet-style architecture, but there are also plenty of parks, and in between the buildings, shaded playgrounds and walks for the locals to make the most of when the weather is warm enough.

However, it's in the winter, when the leaves have been stripped from the trees that you can see their true shape. (See what I did there?) And this photo was taken in the woods near our home where I will shortly be slipping and sliding along on my cross country skis, trying to get into shape...

OK -I know it's a tenuous link for this week's theme of 'Shape' at Tara's Gallery, but I like the photo. Live with it...


9 comments:

  1. I like the photo too!

    It's one of the fun aspects of entering the gallery, seeing how one can bend Tara's rules and shoe-horn in a photo that we love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shape also in it being long stick like things. You're too hard on yourself. You were complying all along. Mine's going to be 10 x more tenuous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done! And it's a fabulous photo. Looks a little cold with you. *shiver*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah, you know me and my love of trees. Thems just gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love teh play on words but I am a sucker for thngs like that...hope the getting in shape works out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the shape of trees revealed in the winter by the loss of leaves. There's several stretches of trees along hilltops on the way to school that my daughter and I admire many mornings--especially pretty when silhouetted against a shell pink morning sky. Great choice for shapes!

    And reminds me I must get 'in' shape as well... Although I wont be doing it on cross country skis--growing up in northern Minnesota I was expected to be at least modestly good at that sport, but never could get the rhythm right. Much preferred the instant gratification of downhill skiing! Even though the cross country skiers always looked so slim and trim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me likey! Although it really does far too cold for my liking... what are the current temps over there??? x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photo. Is that on your estate?

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...