Thursday 20 January 2011

You can have your cake, and eat it too...

Something's wrong. I am going away, on my own, for 3 days, am leaving the house in 40 minutes and I have time to write a blog post.

Admittedly, the Boys are both in school today, so I have been able to go about my preparations unconcerned by requests for biscuits, hot chocolate, biscuits AND hot chocolate, a story, a game, to be a monster, to be a monster making hot chocolate, to play trains, to bring the train set downstairs, for the computer, for the DS, for some television, for a dvd if they can't have the television, for some cake, to MAKE a cake, to be a monster making cake, and so on.

But still. An uninterrupted morning in which I have made the boy's breakfast and lunch, done the school run, dropped Husband to the station, battled with traffic, paid a visit to the kiosk to put some money on my phone, packed, unpacked, packed again, tried my ski boots on, realised they still feel like leg-irons, checked my e-mail, written a blog post (almost), made bolognese sauce for the starving hordes to eat whilst I'm away, done the laundry, written long lists of probably completely unnecessary instructions for Husband (I knew things had gone too far when I found myself about to suggest sandwich fillings for school lunch tomorrow) filed a long-overdue tax return, and made a cake.

And now it's 25 minutes and counting until I set off on my trip.

Actually, I feel quite rested already...

7 comments:

  1. I want some of what you've been having.

    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I come please?

    Oh you've gone already.. damn.

    BM x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great trip.

    I am going to call bolognese sauce, blognese sauce from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, whatever time did you get up?? You must have more hours in yr morning in Russia than we have in Albania.... Either that or you must be Supermum.
    Enjoy yr rest/break etc:o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the monster making cake. That's usually me. Have a fantabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a great time. The person who invents a comfortable (I mean really comfortable) ski boot will make a mint!

    ReplyDelete
  7. V. envious. No skiing for me this year...have a fab time x

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...