Thursday 6 January 2011

The elephant in the room today...

...is the packing.

But procrastination is the name of the game for me right now. Upstairs? Fifty thousand children's Christmas presents in various shades of Ben 10 green, Lego red, and bendy bus yellow, all waiting along with the proceeds of 3 weeks UK-based shopping to be packed into 4 too-small bags that will probably be over the weight limit for our flight back to Moscow tomorrow.

Downstairs; two small boys overdosing on their last opportunity to watch CBeebies for a few months, 2 grandparents wondering how long we are going to leave the excess baggage (that won't fit into the too-small bags) with them this time, and me, checking e-mails, watching tweetdeck, trying to work out exactly which flight we're on tomorrow, and - of course - blogging.

Oh well.

Better get on with that packing, I suppose.

Though I think I might just check some of my favourite blogs first...

7 comments:

  1. Lordy, how I loathe packing. Hoping you've had a lovely time back here x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey potty, have a safe trip home, with your load, and a very happy new year to you and all! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denial. It's a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a safe journey.

    The one good thing about the Ball & Chain driving the 1,000 miles to Colorado is that we shove all the luggage in the car and meet him at the other end. (I fly with the kids. - what? He wants to drive. No one's making him.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mwa!

    KM, you and me both. Well, actually what I loathe is packing and THEN my husband repacking because he wants to take some extra bottles of wine. It's not the wine, I object to; just the repacking, you understand...

    EB, thanks and the same to you for 2011!

    Iota, East of Libya, isn't it?

    EPM, jammy. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a tip for your boys and their beebies needs... www.getconnected.com.cy. Works in Spain but no idea if it'll work in Russia xx

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...