Wednesday 21 April 2010

The Gallery: 5 out of 7 ain't bad...

















It's Wednesday, so it must be time for Tara's Gallery (cue Tony Hart music). This week's prompt was a hard one: the Seven Deadly Sins. What on earth was I going to use for this one, I wondered?

But then I came across the photo above, that I took one rainy day last Autumn when Boy #2 and I were making gingerbread. I particularly like the way you can see his finger-marks in the mixture and how next to his body you can see the drops over-hanging where he's scraped his hand over the edge of the bowl. Food-appreciation in it's purest form...

I reckon this shot ticks at least 7 of the following boxes;

  • Greed - well, that one's obvious
  • Gluttony - see above (I know you're supposed to distinguish between these two but for the purposes of this post I'm not going to bother. Is that a double hit for Sloth, I wonder?)
  • Sloth - from me, for leaving the unwashed bowl within reach on the side in the kitchen
  • Pride - that Boy #2 liked it enough to do this
  • Envy - because I so wanted to be licking out the bowl myself
  • Wrath - no, I was laughing too hard ...
  • Lust - well, it was only gingerbread mixture. It wasn't as if it was chocolate, or anything...

And, just in case you're a Brit of a certain age and are now asking yourself 'What was that music, again?' here it is... (You could even play it whilst you're perusing The Gallery over at Tara's, if you like).



26 comments:

  1. I always wanted my picture to appear on Vision On...*sighs*
    My son hated getting his hands dirty so we haven't got any photos like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous. Good old Tony too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that programme. I was alwys so ENVIOUS (!) of the talent that was shown there!
    Brill post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. brilliant :)

    (and OH how I loved Tony Hart!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww perfect. And I loved Tony heart too. I didn't recognise the ontro to the music though and it stopped when I pressed the comment bit so I'm going to go back and listen again. Maybe tyhe bit I know is further in. Wait a mo.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved that man and his programme!
    That's a brilliant photo. Love those dimpled fingers, all gooey and yummy!

    No similar pictures in my collection as my sons weren't too keen on dirty hands either Trish, although in younger son's case the rest of him could be (and frequently was) absolutely filthy. The elder just did not 'do' dirty, he was the only toddler I ever knew capable of painting without making a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sent so many pictures to Tony, but he never showed them. Tsk.
    Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that takes me right back...lying on my tummy on the shag pile in front of the gas fire...thank you!
    Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is that the right music (although it does ring a bell) - was that Take Hart or Vision On? I have the music (Left Bank 2) on one of my blog posts

    http://typecast2000.blogspot.com/2010/02/childhood-memories-that-make-me-smile.html

    Anyway - great pic :D I love it when kids appreciate their food and love getting involved :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picture - as you say, definitely ticks the boxes.

    I loved Tony Hart too, especially Morph.

    Dirty Cherly Cole joke now up at mine by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd completely forgotten about Tony Hart! What a great guy he was..nice photo -had me reaching for the wet wipes - extra large.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, I loved that show and always meant to send a picture in to it. Great take on the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous little dimpled hand!

    And now I can't get that dammed theme tune out of my head! I used to LOVE that show as a kid tho.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitley ticks all the boxes...and envy from here too as I just love gingerbread!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I found out a marvellous thing - in order to work for Aardvark - the company that produced Morph & I think Take Hart, you had to be able to make a perfect Morph as part of the job interview. Nick Park used to work there - cool or what ?

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's not the music I was thinking of. I was thinking this

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om2HbDzZOWA

    ReplyDelete
  17. My dad had an electric fricklin firelight fireplace. I bought it for him when I was in the Navy. I imagine it got ruined when hurricane Ike rolled into town. I need to remember to ask my brother about it.
    Regards: gas fires UK

    ReplyDelete
  18. Readers who read good blogs are addicted for unique content always. Content can be in any form and this blog is really coming up with not good content but great content.
    Regards: Electric Fires

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd definitely neglected about Tony a2z a2z Hart! What a great guy he was..nice images -had me getting to for the wet infant baby wipes - enormous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing and wonderful. I love this blog post and i am happy that i have not wasted my time during my stay on this page.
    Propranolol Side Effects

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh that requires me right again...lying on my stomach on the shag heap in entrance of the gas fireplace...thank you!
    promotional merchandise

    ReplyDelete
  22. I keep in mind that program. I was alwys so ENVIOUS (!) of the ability that was proven there!
    Personalised mugs

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this great blog. Have bookmarked this one and will tell my friends about it. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awww, I beloved that present and always used to deliver images in to it. Excellent take on the style.

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...