Thursday 29 January 2015

Rinse and repeat. And repeat. And repeat...

Things I never imagined I would say as regularly as I do (but which I suspect other mothers of boys might find somewhat familiar):


  • Why - exactly - do you need to be naked to listen to Debussy's 'Clair de Lune' / Uptown Funk / The Black-Eyed Peas?
  • Because I don't really want you to sit on the sofa cushions with your bare bottom
  • Well, would YOU like to sit somewhere that someone else's bare bottom had been?
  • It's state of cleanliness is not the point.  Well, OK, it is.  But you still have to put your clothes back on.
  • Hurry up and put your taekwondo kit on, and leave your pants ON this time, please..
  • I know papa does it - but that doesn't mean you have to.
  • I know it's -10deg C outside, but can someone open the window please?
  • Who-ever is responsible for what's on the loo seat, can they clean it up NOW, please?
  • The idea of a family signature dance is lovely, darling.  But we're not doing that one.
  • Well yes, I did hear Grandad tell that joke.  But it's still not appropriate for school.


And of course, that all time classic:


  • No-one needs to see that first thing in the morning.

3 comments:

  1. HA! Much of this is frighteningly familiar. Does it help at all to know you're not alone? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does - except - please tell me that there at least SOME of them you don't have to say anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mind boggles.....

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...