Wednesday 21 January 2015

'Trees'; Week 214 of The Gallery

I've not done this for a while - pure laziness, probably - but this week I'm submitting a photo for Week 214 of Tara's Gallery over at Sticky Fingers.

Well; how could I not?  This week's theme is 'Trees', and if there's one thing Russia has in abundance, it's trees.  Honestly, I was spoiled for choice when it came to selecting a photo.  There was only ever going to be one winner for me though; this shot, taken a couple of years back when I visited Izmailovsky Park on one of Phoebe's Walks (long-term Moscow expats will know what that means) and turned a corner to be confronted with this Lothlorien-like grove of silver birches.

Even to look at it briefly calms my soul.






















Sticky Fingers Photo Gallery

4 comments:

  1. Amazing photo. I just want to run through them LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. I have a silver birch in my back garden which was a wedding gift from my mother and it's one of my most prized possessions

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely tree grove. I love the green grass in contrast.

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...