Monday 13 May 2013

BritMums Live! Hello...








Nearly 6 months ago I told Husband that come hell or high water, I was going to BritMums Live! this year.  I've been to two out of the three conferences that they've held so far and I can't tell you how miserable I felt in June 2012 watching all the buzz about it beforehand and knowing that I wouldn't be there.

Well, guess what?  It's coming up in less than 6 weeks time.  How did that happen? All of a sudden I need to start thinking about logistics and - gulp - planning what to wear.  Obviously, the first - who will collect the Boys from school, will my Husband even be in the country to do so, how can I ensure the washing machine doesn't languish completely unloved and unused for the entire 4 days of my absence, etc - is the most important piece of the puzzle.  That second thing - the what to wear thing - that I mentioned? I was just joking.  Not worried about it - AT ALL.  (Or rather, I'm not if my attempt to shift a couple of kilos that have magically appeared since the end of last year works, anyway.  Come on, 6 weeks.  Shouldn't be that hard, should it?  In fact, I probably only need to start next week.  Someone has to shift that chocolate stockpile in the cupboard before I begin - it might as well be me...)

Anyway, here's my BritMums Live! hello  (Check here to join the linky yourself).  Just in case, you know, you want to say hi at the event...



Name: Clare  (not my real name - so don't be surprised if you have to use it twice.  And no, don't ask me why I started this anonymity lark, I've forgotten, it was so long ago...)
BlogThe Potty Diaries
Twitter ID@thepottydiaries

Height: 5ft 7
Hair: Short-ish brown.  Never as flippy-out at the bottom as I would like.
Eyes: Brown
Is this your first blogging conference?  No, my 3rd
Are you attending both days?  Try and stop me.
What are you most looking forward to at BritMums Live 2013?  Catching up with old friends, meeting new ones, and being able to do so without worrying about rushing off to release the babysitter.  And maybe even having a drink or two...
What are you wearing?  Ask me closer to the time - no idea right now.  
What do you hope to gain from BritMums Live 2013?  I really want to make use of the fantastic opportunities to focus on writing.  (Currently my first attempt at a novel,  'The Great Work' - not it's real title - is taking up a lot of my time)
Tell us one thing about you that not everyone knows:  I recently turned down the opportunity to live in a Mediterranean country.  And - bonus fact - I just discovered that I can't spell Mediterranean without using spell check.

14 comments:

  1. I'm of meditteranean origin and still think I've spelt it wrongly! See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So bummed I won't be going this year. I will actually be in England too, so will be feeling extra sorry for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! Can't wait to see you again x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You turned down a Mediterranean country offer...

    Latin helps. Terra = land. Medi = in the middle. Nean = um...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, you must be loving Russia to turn down the Med. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I'm not. Boo.

    I missed it. Just didn't feature on my radar this year. And now it's sold out.

    Secretly hoping some company suddenly decides to sponsor me or something.

    But otherwise, no. Won't see you there. Again.

    Sorry! Fancy a trip to Scotland while you're this side of Europe. You can see Iota too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! Really hope I get to meet you this time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HM, looking forward to it!

    EPM, no chance of a last moment surprise attendance? Will you be up north and too far away?

    PHM, see you there...

    Iota, I did. Call me crazy, but it would have been for too short a period and too disruptive for the boys. We're past the age now when I feel comfortable doing that.

    Jen, hmmm...

    Harriet, would love to but am literally in and out for BritMums...

    Michelle, we must make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know how are people so organised they know exactly what they are wearing already.
    I blame spell check for not being able to spell in fact - I've become lazy and reliant on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you're not regretting it given the rain....spelling is overrated, hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of budding writers here, hope you find all your answers and looking forward to meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Does that mean you turned down warm weather? Why?!?!?

    ✰Transatlantic Blonde✰

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't believe you said no to the sun - especially with the spring weather we've had this year! Hopefully see you at Britmums!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So looking forward to BritMums Live - sure you are too - looks like it will be a great event.
    If you see me wandering around please say hello as I'd love to meet you IRL :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...