Sunday 10 July 2011

This is NOT a Silent Sunday post..

...because I forgot to bring the connecting cord for my phone to my laptop on holiday. Dammit. But I've got some fabulous shots on there, I promise.

Not least 2 photographs which I would love to show you but which - now I come to think of it - actually I couldn't because they show my sons' faces. At least, I think they are my sons, but since the images are of each of them with their eyes closed in ecstasy as they eat that most of Dutch of Dutch treats - raw herring - I can't be sure.

Now, I love sushi. But there are limits. And they're supposed to be my sons, for goodness sake. You know, adventurous in their eating but still able to keep a handle on what is and isn't actual 'food'. And yet, there they are, on film, holding a raw (admittedly gutted and headless) fish by the tail and eating it.

Boy #1 told me (as I tried not to dry heave too visibly at what I was watching) that he loves herring SO much he wants to live in Holland when he grows up so that he can eat it every day. Husband practically exploded with pride, I can tell you.

Time for us to finally sort their Dutch passports out, I think...

5 comments:

  1. Well, at least they're not picky eaters....that's something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know, I lived there for three years and never tried one. I preferred the chips with mayonnaise. Bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh those Dutch genes are strong

    Herring... reminds me uncomfortably of my year working in Holland... *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  4. MsC, if only that were true!

    Mwa - ummm? (My Dutch is clearly not THAT good...)

    AIW, now you're talking. Or bittebollen. Or stroopwaffel. Or Indonesian food. Or... (need I go on?)

    MAM, not a good memory, then?

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...