Monday 16 December 2013

On the 16th Day of Advent...

... I met someone who has - gasp - never watched 'The Polar Express'.  I promptly came home, dug it out, and watched it with Boys #1 and #2 after school, and despite the fact that it must be the nth time we've seen it, it did not disappoint.

Just in case there are any more of you out there who have never seen this delight of a movie, here's one of my favourite scenes.

And yes, that is an animated version of Tom Hanks playing The Conductor (one of the 5 roles he plays in this film).

Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Yes, it's one of our favourites too.
    Have your boys seen Arthur Christmas? That's high on the list of seasonal viewing here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh No! I hate The Polar Express! Should have added it to my list of classic films I just don't get.

    Way too scary for the age group it's aimed at - that grinning conductor creeps me out. The story moves so slowly. Wait... IS there a story? I don't remember one.

    Have to agree to differ on this one, Potty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NVG - haven't seen it but it's on our list!

    Iota, that's fine by me. Different strokes and all that...

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...