Wednesday 30 May 2012

The Gallery: Sunshine

This post is for Wk 101 of Tara's Gallery - click here to see all the other entries...

So, the prompt for this week's Gallery was 'sunshine'.  And Tara, bless her, threw down a direct challenge to me when she wrote in her post 'I must also apologise to a certain Russian blogger who is going to find this a veeery tough theme . . . '


Once upon a time - before I lived here - I would have agreed with her that finding sunshine in Russia might be a big ask.  But after two and a half years I have to say that in summer at least, finding sunshine is not a problem.  So much so that rather than having to trawl through the archives for a suitably sunny photo, I decided instead to hold fire and simply take a photo on the walk to school this morning.  It's not art - but it is sunny.
















So. Trees, and sunshine.  What more could you ask for, Ms Cain? Unless, of course, you were expecting snow and ice.  In which case, I can always show you this...













Although, just to be clear - the second photo was NOT taken today. That was a March shot from last year...  What do you mean, you don't believe me?

4 comments:

  1. Actually if I think about that scene in Dr Zhivago where Lara has to leave Yuri, it was sunny then, despite the snow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, who knew!?? I bet it's gorgeous. Is it hot for a teeny weeny period in the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems to me that you get lots of sunshine in Moscow in the summertime, don't you? And nice temperatures too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see the sunshine has occured the world over! Bet ours is hotter here though

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...