Thursday 5 May 2011

Boy #2 does it again (and Springwatch, wk - oh, who cares...)

This morning there was a fracas at the breakfast table - as there probably is at most breakfast tables featuring the combination of a 5 year old boy, a 7 year old boy, and two tired and preoccupied parents.

The end result was that the lego creation Boy #2 had been working on this morning (instead of getting dressed, laying the table, brushing his teeth or indeed doing anything else he had been asked to do) lost what he believed to be a vital component.

OK, I knocked it onto the floor by mistake. So shoot me.

Anyway, after the resulting fire-storm had cleared and Boy #2 was drying his eyes, the following exchange took place.

Me: "Have a drink of water, Boy #2. You need it to replace all the tears you just cried."

Boy #2: "No, I don't. The water I drink goes to my stomach, not to my tears."

Me: "Well, where does the water you cry come from if not from the water you drink?"

Boy #2: "Mama. The water I cry, the water in my tears, comes from my heart..."


Oh god. I'm toast.


Now, for you die-hards who have stuck with the Potski Front Flowerbed Springwatch, thanks for coming back but there are no lego figurines this week, I'm afraid (I figure the above anecdote is payment enough for your troubles). But I have taken the photo. And there are definite stirrings in the undergrowth. Or, there would be - if we had any undergrowth...




8 comments:

  1. I would have been lost if I'd been there, looking into his beautiful eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems you need my expertise once more on the story telling ;)

    Glad the plants are starting to come through though. Unlike my plants which are dying. Meh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, how profound! It amazes me when they come out with stuff like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an insightful child... clearly inherits his mother's turn of phrase!

    The plants - while admittedly not spectacular (yet) are most definitely growing. Which is something. At least there's no more snow. (glass half full, see?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh. Funnily enough we had tears over broken Lego trucks this morning as well. I tried to help and made things worse.

    Glad to see some green shoots coming through at last!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FK, luckily I wasn't (looking into his eyes, that is) or yes, I would have been too.

    NC, sorry to hear your plants are dying. Too dry?

    Mum of all trades; me too!

    MsC, heaven help us, I think he may have...

    NVG, yes, think the best rule with lego is to stand well clear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The War of the Lego's. I love your blog.Since I'm now caring for my two grandson's, age 7 and 2 1/2, sorry to say I laughed out loud and called my husband in to read it.They're a great toy, although expensive, bitty, and fractious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lego! Sometimes I think it was only created for grown-ups to tread on ... with bare feet. That boy is going to be a poet x

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...