Saturday 23 April 2011

Stream of consciousness...

This weekend I will be;

Baking cakes for our compound Easter Egg hunt; 1 nut-free, 1 not (and oh-so-delicious, but which necessitates practically steam-cleaning all the cooking utensils I've used to make it to avoid cross-contamination with anything that I might use to bake for the Boys afterwards. Worth it, though.)

Wrestling Boy #2 to his Saturday morning Dutch class which he really doesn't want to go - and which I really don't blame him for as amazingly the sun is shining and it's above 10degC - but there you go, that's just the way it is...

Taking both Boys to a Star Wars birthday party and spending the rest of the weekend fielding questions my older son sets me to trip me up on my woeful lack of knowledge of episodes 1 - 3 (who CARES what the name of the funny looking Jedi Knight with the dreadlocks was called, anyway? 7 and 5 year old boys, that's who...)

Having drinks with some girl friends (husbands and children not allowed) and wondering when the last time I did that was... And then, as the white wine continues to be poured, forgetting all about that thought and just enjoying the moment.

Putting on white jeans (WHITE JEANS!) for the first time since last summer.

Realising very shorting after putting on the white jeans that Moscow may be warm enough for that now, but it certainly isn't clean enough...

Bemoaning my lack of clothes suitable for Spring. And washing my white jeans - again.

Taking both Boys to an Easter Egg hunt and trying to restrain them from eating all their chocolate haul in one go so that I can sneak the odd one myself when their backs are turned. (OK, who am I kidding here? 'The ODD one'?)

Cooking lunch for some friends and thinking smugly about the fact that since I don't have to drive I can actually have a glass of wine with it.

Checking my blog and the twitter-sphere and panicking about the tumble-weed wasteland out there (where IS everyone?) before realising they too are having the weekend off and not doing anything as foolish as wasting their time checking their blog etc and panicking about the tumble-weed wasteland out there...

Resolving to spread the love a bit by commenting on the blogs that I do read so that if there are any tumble-weed wasteland moments for anyone else, their impact might be reduced.

3 comments:

  1. I fear your Star Wars torment may continue longer than anticipated...my little Jedi warrior is 8, and showing no signs yet of moving on to galaxies new. Is it Kit Fistoo with the leeks for hair?Happy Easter!

    Mya x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if it's any comfort, mine (at 14 and 17) are pretty much finished with Star Wars, but the Pokemon infatuation lasted 'til around 12. You have a while to go yet. On the other hand, do you REALLY want to leave the Star Wars discussions behind and trade them for 'An Inconvenient Truth' and 'Zeitgeist'? Not that I'm not happy that Son #1 is aware of contemporary issues, but the discussion gets a bit heavy. Enjoy your girls' night out and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to tell you, but my husband is 40 and still watches the Star Wars cartoon thing on Cartoon Network or some such channel.

    However I have yet to grow out of comic books.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...