Friday 11 February 2011

Spring is in the air...




.. apparently.

Not here, it ain't; this was a photo I took 2 days ago and since then, it's only got colder.













Today I helped out at Boy #2's skating lesson and was relieved to learn that the -15degC we experienced on the ice today was almost the coldest the kids were expected to be out in; at -20degC the lesson would have been cancelled... Well, that's alright then.

However, even grumpy old me has to admit that the days are getting longer (I could even see far enough outside my window at 7.50am this morning to realise that I would have to go out and defrost the car a good ten minutes before we got into it because - yet again - the windows had frozen up on the inside), so to acknowledge that, I'm taking part in the BMB February Blog Hop.

Enjoy!




4 comments:

  1. You must be so fed up with the cold... We just have dreary rain right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, spring isn't here either..let's just say it was minus 3 this morning and that felt relatively warm.....nor has the snow melted, and there is black ice everywhere. But I agree, it is nice to have longer evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always found that my nose hair froze at around minus 16/17. That was my personal, 'right, it's too cold now' moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *shiver* Really not sure how you cope with the cold. You must be totally sick of it by now. Roll on summer. It might be a degree or two warmer!

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...